Create visually engaging content: Top 10 Stats
Images are not only pretty to look at but allow us to communicate our aims, views and intentions in a fast and visual manner. When you use imagery within your digital marketing strategy that relates to your topic, you allow people to understand what you are trying to communicate without out having to reader any content. We also know that readers, our contacts and our social followers all engage with visual content more than basic text content.
People are attracted to imagery because we like to receive information efficiently and in a simple and easy to follow manner, mainly due to the fact we don’t have time to sit and read essays that contain thousands of words. Not only that, but our eyes are drawn to colours and shapes, so the more that we include within our campaigns means the more attractive our content becomes. This isn’t to say you should create campaigns which are showered with randomly placed imagery but if you construct a visually engaging infographic for example, using a few select colours, symbols and short focused information this often very well received.
Here are 10 reasons why you should consider using visually engaging content when creating your future marketing campaigns:
1. Posts that include images produce 650 percent higher engagement than text-only posts.
2. People are 85% more likely to buy a product after viewing a product video.
3. Facebook posts from brands that included images earned 87 percent of all engagements, eMarketer reported.
4. Tweets with images earned up to 18 percent more clicks, 89 percent more favourites, and 150 percent more retweets, Buffer reported.
5. In just the space of a year, the number of video content posts from individuals and brands has risen by 75% worldwide – and 94% in the United States. The amount of video being displayed overall in Facebook’s newsfeed has increased 3.6 time, year-on-year.
6. A massive 95% of B2B buyers said they actually preferred content in shorter form.
7. Posts with videos attract three times as many inbound links as plain text. (iMedia Connection)
8. The human eye loves colour, and adding more of it to your post can increase a person’s willingness to read your content by 80%.
9. Adding relevant images and videos can get your content 94% more views than content without any imagery.
10. In fact, 71% of consumers believe that a video is the best way to explain how a product works and really get the full effect of it before buying.
Throughout 2016 expect more slide shares, more infographics, more memes and more imagery from the brands you follow and engage with.
What kind of creative content do you prefer? Let us know @Wired_Marketing or leave a comment below?