Tutorial: How to create gif animation in Photoshop
Animated gif images are a great way to advertise multiple offers using just one image. They are being used more and more in email campaigns. Here is a short tutorial showing you how to create gif animation in photoshop, perfect for your email marketing campaign. We have also included a free email template to download, a bit of springtime generosity! Click here to download the email template
1. Get an image of a laptop or screen to use as a frame for the slide show. Set up your images to use as slides inside the screen. I am going to have 3 offer slides so I have three images all on different layers.
2. You will now need to open up the animation window. To do this click on “Window” and then “Animation”. This should open up the timeline along the bottom. Each of the frames in the timeline represent a different key image. Each frame will be shown for the corresponding amount of seconds attached to it. Using this information we can create simple gif animations. Set the 1st frame to 2 seconds.
3. Click on the new frame button along the bottom of the timeline. A new frame will appear. Hide the 1st slide image layer so that the 2nd slide is showing. Set this frame to 2 seconds.
4. Repeat step 3 for the 3rd slide. You should now have a 3 image animation. You can click play at the bottom of the timeline to preview the animation.
5. Now to save the file. Click on file > save for web & devices. Change the file type to gif and ensure that the animation is set to loop forever in the bottom right. Then choose a location to save your file.
Your final slideshow animation should look something like this:
Don’t forget you can download the free email template that uses this technique. Click here to download the email template.